Monday, June 13, 2005

Beginnings

If you're not familiar with the back story, and you're actually interested in it, you can read it here. So it looks like the original book is lost forever. Good. Less incriminating evidence. However, our senior year, we started a dismal sequel and cleverly titled it, The Book of Jamie and Jenn, but it never took off like the first one did. I found it the other weekend and I gave it to Jenn. The sequel was flimsy and disappointing, but it still had enough damning information entered by me to make me too ashamed to attend our high school reunion, if we ever get around to have one.

"Who is that girl and why did I call her a whore?" came up several times while we thumbed through the pages.

We did have a "public humiliation list" which was cute because we didn't want a repeat of the whole "hit list" fiasco.

Not remembering this girl whose bedroom manners I was so quick to publish, I questioned several people I still keep in touch with. The conversations went someting like this:

Jamie: Do you remember JW?
Melissa: Who?
Jamie: JW.
Melissa: I guess the name sounds familiar, why?
Jamie: Apparently in high school I wrote, "JW is a
whore."
Melissa: Yeah, that sounds about right.
Which proves, once again, that I am an excellent judge of character.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com