Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Nikita, the fortune cookie eating Russian

The way I first house trained my dog was through treats. Lots of treats. She would squat in the grass and I would praise her, bring her back inside, and give her a cookie. After a month or two of this practice, she would come back inside, run to her cookie jar, and sit and wait for me to give her a cookie. If I forgot, she would remind me by bugging me and running back and forth to the cookie jar. I thought it was cute and dogs have so little to look forward to, so I figured to keep her tradition.

Lately, it's been getting cumbersome. I've run out of dog biscuits and have begun using fortune cookies left-over from my Chinese deliveries. I can tell by the look on her face that they are no Milk Bones, but it's been keeping her at bay when I bring her back from walks.

Perhaps I should have thought this plan out more. I come home from work today and find a fortune cookie wrapper on the floor. I had ordered Chinese again (different delivery man- I was disappointed) and apparently left my fortune cookie within her reach. I searched around some more and found the fortune lying on the carpet- at least she's smart enough not to eat it. I picked the fortune up and read it to her:

"You will get a promotion."

2 comments:

Ryon said...

That is funny. Everytime we get Chinese the dogs get rice. We order a seperate thing for them. They know. As soon as those bags are the house they are waiting at their bowls for thier rice. It is so funny.

Paige said...

mmmm, rice sounds SOOO good right now. Maybe that'll be my dinner.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com