Wednesday, June 18, 2008

They have specific seating for that

Boyfriend and I were watching the Barrett-Jackson auto auction on the Speed Channel the other night. Fine, Boyfriend was watching it and I was knitting and wishing for sweet death to avoid watching a 4-hour car auction on TV.

Apparent celebrity Caroll Shelby, who I'm told has something to do with Mustangs, steps to the podium to sell his personal Mustang. Boyfriend gasps at the sight of him. I look up to the TV and gasp as well.


But I'm not looking at Caroll Shelby. I'm looking at the girl to his left. You know, the one with the coke nose.

We watched this girl for 10 minutes straight as she wobbled and hugged up against the auctioneer, who we assume she was with. He'd try to run the bids and she'd snuggle up into his side, eyes darting and swaying unsteadily. Blood running down her face.

Who knew car auctions could be so seedy?

3 comments:

aprilbapryll said...

Christen has me watch that sometimes, but mostly when he sees a specific car he thinks I'd like. Mostly we watch a lot of Top Gear -- have you watched that? It's on BBC and it's freaking hilarious. I recommend it as far as car shows go :)

dont eat the token said...

:\

dude, that sucks for her.

The Mad Inscriber said...

That's horrifying.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com