Friday, June 20, 2008

That FURminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear.

I'm afraid I've gone the way of crazy dog lady. Not only that, but I also ordered my very first As Seen on TV product. And the two above stated facts are related, which makes the situation that much worse.

They called it the FURminator. I giggled. They swore it was the brush to end all grooming brushes. I laughed. They said reduces shedding by 90%. I leaned forward on the couch and picked up the phone.

Then they said I could have it for two easy payments of $24.99, plus shipping and handling, and I guffawed and put the phone back down. I was not going to be that lady, the one that spends more on a brush for a dog than all of her combined hairbrush purchases over her lifetime. She probably wears her hair in a ponytail everyday when she's even able to contain the cowlicks.

But then the week passed. Nikita continued to blow her coat, resulting in clumps of fur rolling across the carpet like tumbleweeds- which is as disgusting as it sounds. My mother and Boyfriend stopped laughing over the FURminator and began questioning its arrival. One YouYube video later, and my fate was sealed as Crazy Dog Lady.

This is Nikita. She doesn't like being brushed.

Huskies completely shed their undercoat twice a year. You can see she's already shed it on her hind leg, and is still losing it on her back and rump.

The white fur is her loose undercoat. FURminator removes the dead hair.

The dog is under the bed, horrified with what just happened to her.

This filled an entire grocery bag. Then Boyfriend walked in on me taking pictures of removed dog hair on the floor of the apartment. Predictably, telling him it was for a blog post did not add to my credibility.

I've always looked good in a ponytail.

3 comments:

dont eat the token said...

HOly crap!!!!

The most I ever got off my kitty (albeit, she's several sizes smaller than your husky) was enough to fill 1/2 a walmart plastic bag. She cried the whole time - I stood over her, holding her tail, and brushed her backwards.

Story told in commeraderie (sp?) - I'm sure the neighbors think I'm a crazy cat lady. I'm sure I took a photo of it too!

Sisko said...

I have a pug and he sheds year 'round. The horror. The horror.

The Mad Inscriber said...

Well, of the two cats I just took in, one is quite furry, and the other... is a Persian... I think the cats are going to find out, this evening, if they like to be shaved... (note to delicate sensibilities: my outdoor cat is shaved every year for the summer.)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com