Saturday, April 14, 2007

Proooooooom!

"Never trust a person who doesn't like dogs and theme parties."
--Bonnie Harvey

I'm sitting on my couch right now in my underwear and clenching my fists like I do when I get really excited (uh, pressing my hands together that is, not sitting in around in my underwear). I could sleep for one more hour before have to I get up, and my slight hangover suggests that this would be a good idea, but I am one kitten's ball of energy.

Prom is tonight.

Tonight.

Prom.

I am an exclamation point.

The dresses have been purchased. The girls went to Filene's Basement and scoured the racks for the ugliest dresses we could find. We did pretty well and I was able to find a prom dress that fit all my criteria:

[x] Obnoxious fake flower
[x] Glitter
[x] Tulle. Glorious tulle.

Our original plan was not an 80's prom, but the prom dresses this season were definitely an 80's throwback. My obnoxious fake flower is located at my left hip, just like my dress in 1988. G's dress is pink and black polka dots. D's dress... well D's dress is just a hot mess. And I picked it out. And when it came to choosing a theme for our prom (yes, our theme party has its own theme), there really was no choice but Back to the Future's "Enchantment Under the Sea."

If it was a fish and was for sale at Party City, it has been purchased.

Yesterday I just sat at my desk from 5 - 5:30 p.m., hollering "Prooooom!" every few minutes. This will wear on your coworkers, especially the beloved Cubicle Neighbor. The past week, anytime someone from the group has called, we've been answering the phone not with a "hello," but with a "Prooooom!"

My day today starts at noon where the big 80's hair will be acquired at the Aveda school. The word "crimped" is also being thrown around. Personally, I'm gearing towards a low, side ponytail, which has also come back this season. Afterwards, we're hitting up Lenox mall and telling the makeup counter cows to just have at it.

The night will be kicked off with our big dinner at--that's right folks--the Olive Garden. We really should have someone's mom come over and take pictures of us in Bonnie's front yard beforehand. Then we're spiking some punch, grinding to some early 90's rap, and then busting out the Guitar Hero.

Ooh, I'm squeezing my fists again just at the thought.

Proooooooom!

7 comments:

citizen student said...

your excitement is palpable... ooo! i'm feeling it for you!

yay!

have fun and drink lots and lots and take an ass load of pictures!

The RHS said...

Damn. I didn't notice it was an "m" instead of an "n" at the end of the title. So instead of Proooooom, I was hoping it was Proooooon, and by Proooooon you had accidentally misspelled Pooooooooooorn. =(

my life is sad.

Robin said...

Pictures, please.

Anonymous said...

If you had to get sniffly, it's just as well it happened after the fun.

Pictures tomorrow? I do have to see The Dress.

aprilbapryll said...

So how was prom? Your public demands photos ... :)

Momo said...

How exciting!!

Need pics!

dont eat the token said...

Dang, that sounds like a fuckin' good time! I hope someone's mom took pictures. The bad kind, where they cut you off at the ankles. (I'm clearly still bitter.)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com