Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Concussed. And nonplussed.

In my prodigious list of Stupid Things I Do, I can now write one more off:

Knock self unconscious.

Amazingly enough, it wasn't at prom where I took it upon myself to make the last two bowls of hunch punch (pictures are coming as soon as I get my camera back), instead I managed to do it the following afternoon.

The Boy had just walked out the door and I began to tidy up my apartment: start the dishwasher, box the games we play, and collect my laundry. In my bedroom I stopped to straighten the duvet and sent the remotes clacking behind the bed. I huffed and moved to the foot of the bed and

WHACK!

I walked/bent down into the poster bedpost. Knocked myself right out and collapsed forward like an unloved Raggedy Ann doll. I was out for only a flash, but I lay on the floor and cried for about another 20 seconds.

Still lying on my stomach, I reached up and gingerly touched my forehead. In the same place as my really bad car accident when I was 17, and my "incident" when I was 21, was yet another squishy lump.

My poor forehead. I'm going to require bangs for life.

Even though it was only 4:30, I took it as a sign that I should pretty much end my day right there and I messed the duvet back up as I slipped between the sheets. I did have enough foresight to set my alarm for every two hours to wake up and check for disorientation.

I've done this sort of thing before.

Something I did not think of, however, was ice. Two days later and I still have a noticeable goose egg and bruising. And a perpetual headache.

And the remotes? Those bitches are still under the bed.

4 comments:

dont eat the token said...

Oy!

I cried the last time I had instant-slam-hurt. I think it's an automatic response when it was out of your control.

Name the goose egg, you should be friends.

citizen student said...

dayum girl...

poor jamie. do you need some cotton candy and a hug? schmoke and a pancake?

feel better!

Robin said...

Ouch! Hope it stops hurting soon.

(I did something like that once, don't feel stupid.)

Anonymous said...

you did NOT.

FWIW, your bleary-eyed sniffling totally overshadows the lump...

/helpful

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com