Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Judgment call

"So you think if something isn't already out there, it can't be good?"

"Yeah, you know: 'standing on the shoulders of giants,'" I explained.

"You don't think one person can affect the world?"

"I do. It just has to be someone special; I am nothing special."

"Hmm, imagine what you could do if you only thought you were special," he said. The playful tone behind his suggestion voiced more, that perhaps he disagreed with my self-portrait made with a concave mirror.

And lately I have been thinking about what I could do if I only thought I was special.

It makes me smile.

5 comments:

citizen student said...

*shock*

but you *are* special!

Jamie said...

Yes! In the most special ed kind of way!

Robin said...

Everyone changes the world. Not everyone is remembered for it.

Jamie said...

You think? I like that.

Anonymous said...

I like what robin said.

You are NOT special ed. Even with your tiny tiny lady brain. :-D

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com