Monday, January 08, 2007

Short skirt, long boots

I'm almost done returning my Christmas presents. Don't get me wrong, my family did a great job with picking clothing out for me (of course they do have a list of preapproved stores), but I wanted to see if I could do any better with the after Christmas sales and, so far, I have.

For instance, I got this great skirt at Pre-approved Store #1: White House Black Market. My step-mother got me a shirt that was almost identical to one I already have from there, so I wandered through the sales racks and found a very short, very form-fitting gray skirt that would look amazing with my black leather boots.

I pranced around the office in my black boots and tiny skirt and it was very well received. Everyone in the sales department personally complimented me. My office husband asked me out to lunch for the first time ever -- I'd like to thank the skirt for such progress as I didn't have to do the asking this time.

12:30 comes and we walk out to his truck and I open the door and panic. He has a full-sized truck with super-sized tires. And no running boards. And the truck was parked on a upward incline for me. My very short, very form-fitting skirt would not allow me to climb in his truck. I tried grabbing the Oh Shit bar along the roof of the door, but I couldn't pull myself up into the seat. Office husband laughed; I nervously giggled.

Next I tried "backing" into the seat. I stuck my back to the seat and put my hands behind me and tried to jump up and sit, but alas, I'm not much of a jumper -- I'm rather white in that area. Two or three very poor attempts and I'm laughing too hard to even jump anymore.

Office Husband started coming around the truck, "Do you need help? Should I pick you up?"

"No!" My pride kept me from needing help to get in a freaking car, even if I did look completely ridiculous in the process.

"Turn around!" I half-laughed, half-ordered. He did. I hiked my skirt up to my hips, flashing the (I hope) empty parking lot and climbed in. I yanked my skirt back down. "Okay, I'm good."

Office Husband turned around and got in the truck. Hmm, the shirt my step-mother bought for me wouldn't have given me this many problems.

But remember, I looked very sexy, even if I didn't act like it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who says, "If you can't sit on it, it's not a skirt."

The RHS said...

ah hell, for all he's done for you you oughtta' given him a show! ;)

so does this mean office hubby might have a thing for you? surely it can't all be skirt!

Anonymous said...

When the hell is your office husband going to become your real husband for crying out loud! I hate all of this pussy-footing around. I'm waiting for my damned wedding invitation!

Jamie said...

Robin- but it's cute!

The RHS- Well there were some scandalous Christmas party photos, but I don't think so.

Dan- HAHA! Yeah, it's all platonic there. I don't think he's my type.

Anonymous said...

why weren't there any personal visuals along with this story?

i think that would have gone along quite nicely.

Anonymous said...

I like this style... This stylish skirt and black leather boots both are fabulous!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com