Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Because God thinks I write crap. Literally.

My project that I so thoroughly enjoyed last year, the one on waterless urinals and dual flush toilets, has awarded me a magazine article! About urinals and toilets!

Um, yeah. Not exactly what I meant when I said I wanted to be a writer when I grow up, but whatevs.

I find that writing about urinals is very akin to writing a factual essay about unicorns: they're both something I have no experience with, nor have ever really seen.

During my research whenever I came up with a question about the mechanics of urinals, I wrote it down and presented the survey to actual urinal users and learned one very important thing:

Men pay absolutely no attention to where they pee.

Back to writing about Charlie and the Candy Mountain.

6 comments:

The Portly Gentleman in Aisle 5 said...

I want the four minutes of my life back.




And a hug.

Spider Girl said...

My friend Kim researched and had an article published in a magazine about the history of women Standing Up to Pee.

It can be an oddly compelling subject. :)

Jamie said...

Chuckieeverdapper- THAT WAS THE EXACT SAME REACTION I HAD to that video! It only became funny when I heard people mocking it where ever I go. Barnes & Noble, the grocery store...

Spider Girl- I just hope that wasn't some feminist movement!

Anonymous said...

Wow. What an exciting life you lead!

Anonymous said...

Apparently yet again I set myself aside from "all men", because I've noted a disturbing trend in the brand/company names of the places I void waste. The two top urinal/toilet vendors (by my "unoffical" research) are American Standard, and Church. And I can't help but wonder what it says about us that we frequently piss on the Church and the American Standard (and I'm also shocked that James Dobson and Focus on the Family hasn't complained about this already)

Momo said...

Congrats on the article! That's fantastic news!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com