Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Huh. Didn't see that one coming

If I say Brian Nichols in Atlanta, everyone knows he's the man accused of the courthouse shootings in 2005. (I wrote about it here, but spent a little more time complaining about Geraldo than actually talking about what happened. Typical me. I also spend more time over here making fun of Ashley Smith, the only person I know who can offer crystal meth to someone who just (allegedly) killed five people and still be called a hero. Again, typical me.)

Anyway, his trial is approaching shortly and everyone is aware of it because it is such a high profile case, a death penalty case no less. On the news tonight, they announced that they have summoned 3500 residents of Fulton county for early next month to begin jury selection.

I walked over to my kitchen counter and picked up a letter I received a couple of days ago and checked the date with the one they gave on TV. Wouldn't you believe what I received...

5 comments:

citizen student said...

shut.up.


do you civic dut yo...

make us all proud *sniffle*

Anonymous said...

damn that sucks - i was stuck on cobb co. jury duty end of last school year - spent a week sitting around to be called from the jury room - have fun! :o)

Anonymous said...

Dude! That sounds like a blast!

Jamie said...

me- and by making you proud, I hope you mean, "Sound like a crazy person so they won't pick you."

mel- a week!? Bugger. Wait till I tell you what they arranged for me at work...

TDG- I'm a celebrity by proxy! Oops, not the good kind!

citizen student said...

yes. that is exactly what i mean.

take pictures.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com