Thursday, November 16, 2006

employee benefits

After spending over two and a half days working on a piece of javascript that looked beautiful in everything but IE*, I realized, Hey I work for an effing software company.

I marched over to the other side of the office. You know, the quiet side where the programmers sit, and he fixed my problem in under four minutes.

He said he has never seen anyone jump up and down and holler in elation over coding before.

I now call him my work boyfriend. I'm pretty sure this nickname will prevent him from helping me in the future, but whatevs, my javascript now works in IE.

You like?


*Seriously? There are people out there that still use that POS browser? What's wrong with you?!?!? Do you know how much harder you have made my life by viewing my pages in IE? Those are days of coding and bug fixing that I can't get back. And I do it for you. YOU. I hope you appreciate it. Oh, and IE users, click here.

PS. The new version of Firefox has a built in spell checker. Now it will correct me when I type faster than my brain functions. I will never have a typo in your comments section again. That alone is worth the transition.

PPS. I think all the IE bugs are finally worked out, unless you view in 800 x 600. If that's the case, tough shit.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice.

Nice link, too. :-D

Anonymous said...

Okay, Okay, I'm downloading now!

Jamie said...

CB- Glad you approve ;)

TDG- IT'S ABOUT FREAKING TIME!!! Okay, we can be friends again.

Karen said...

It's peerrttttyyy! Plus, I'm always a fan of "borrowing" from the workplace!

Twisted DNA said...

He said he has never seen anyone jump up and down and holler in elation over coding before.
Really? We, s/w engineers, do it every day :D

aprilbapryll said...

My work computer doesn't intergrate properly with Firefox. It sucks monkey balls ...

Jamie said...

Twisted DNA- I mean, really. How could you not? :)

Frog Princess- You are excused then :)

citizen student said...

i use ie...

:(

*wah*sob*pout*

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com