Friday, November 17, 2006

One Day too Late

I spent the morning kicking IE6 into submission and Cubicle Neighbor spent the morning working on the newsletter. Either way, we were both going cross-eyed and gray-haired over things like margins. White space. Unnecessary line breaks.

By mid afternoon we finally pulled ourselves away from our monitors long enough to remember to eat lunch. Both of us blinking from finally seeing objects in three dimensions, we grumbled and decided to treat ourselves at our favorite place.

The sign in the Eatzi's window reads closed.

"They can't be closed, it's still lunchtime for another half hour," says Cubicle Neighbor as she walks to the door.

A lady in an Eatzi's polo stops us. "Sorry," she says, "We're closed."

"For lunch?" I ask.

"No, we're closed."

"You're remodeling?" asks CN.

"No, we're closed."

"Like, for good?" I ask.

"We're closed."

"So we should go to the one by the Perimeter?" I ask.

"No, we're closed."

"Oh," realizes CN. "You're out of business."

"Yes."

"So you're closed?"

Hunger apparently makes me borderline retarded.

5 comments:

citizen student said...

no... it would be the bitchy restaurant staff that make you borderline retarded, because that's what they are...

why don't people just say what they mean instead of being vague?

i hate vagueness.

you ruined her afternoon. i like that.

Ryon said...

That could be why they went out of business, with idiots like that working there.

The RHS said...

white space and margins are totally why I decided to become a copywriter instead of a graphic designer. =) And now, I don't really do either. go figure.

closed is way to vague. Retarded would be if they said "We're out of business" and you said, "Cool! I'll take a reuben!"

Nah, that'd just be mean.

dont eat the token said...

That sounds almost exactly like my CN from 'the day' and when we stumbled down to the Botulism* Garden to see it was closed.

*I'm a lowly IE user who doesn't feel like spell checking on her own.

Jamie said...

Me- She said to us, "Yeah, a lot of people are out of work," to which I responded, "Who's going to make my sandwich?"

VG- I think she was getting a certain pleasure out of being vague.

The RHS- LOL! Extra mustard please!

DET- No worries :) Here, I have a gift for you- it's any browser but IE!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com