Sunday, October 22, 2006

Fucking Valets or My Saturday Night

When I dropped off my truck with the valet, I looked something like this:


Dinner was fantastic, although there was a bit too much politics spoken at the table for my taste. Four hours later (I'm not kidding), we finally leave the restaurant. The valet hands my keys over. Hmm, my truck smells funny. Smells like something is burning. So I do what any normal person would do and turn off the heat (if it's not hot, you can't smell it).

It seemed to solve the smelly burning truck problem until I put my truck in reverse to parallel park at the bars. Oh. My. God. The valet fucked my truck up. My truck will barely go in reverse. I had to press on the gas pedal way too much to get any movement. He must have fucked it up on the hill when I dropped it off. I knew he switched gears too abruptly. And now I need a new transmission. Oh. My. God.

Transmissions are expensive, and my truck is old enough that the restaurant won't cover the full expense. I'll probably have to pay between $800 - $900. A new transmission-- that means I need to look into getting a new truck. The transmission going means it's just the beginning of all sorts of problems. But I don't have a single complaint... other than the truck won't go in fucking reverse.

At the bar I could barely enjoy myself. People bought me my drinks in anticipation that I would be broke from the new transmission. My friends actually took care of me and made me forget my problems. They even drove me back to my truck and made sure I could get it in reverse long enough to get out of my space to get home tonight.

As I started up my truck, I noticed a light. It read "brake." The valet did nothing wrong except for implementing the parking brake-- which I never use and didn't think to check. So I had driven three miles with the parking brake on.

Did I mention I looked something like this?

4 comments:

Ryon said...

Driving with the parking brake on could have screwed something up too. You should have your under carriage checked...um...that sounded overtly sexual. All apologies. Looks like if I make it to Athens this coming week it will be on Saturday now, let me know if you got some time. My friends and I will probably just go to Wuxtry, Junkmans, and The Grill...boring I know...but I miss those places.
Glad your truck is fine and your drinks were free.

Anonymous said...

This is why I never use valet! I don't trust other people with my car!

citizen student said...

as a non-driver, i would never have known in a million years that the parking break could cause a problem...

as a horrible drunk, i wouldn't let myself get behind the wheel of a motorized vehicle... again...

dont eat the token said...

wow, you had my heart fluttering for you!

I did that once too....

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com