Monday, June 12, 2006

Why every time I try to tell you how I feel, it feels like a hiccup comes up

Ompf.

Last night I stumbled through the door and flopped down on my bed fully clothed. The hiccups began. Big, body shaking hiccups.

The plan was to make my bed after I got home. I hiccuped and rolled off the bed and stumbled to the dryer. I pulled whatever I could out of there, separated the sheets, and left the rest on the floor.

I teetered back into my bedroom and fell back on the bed again. The hiccups were getting stronger and my whole body shook.

I found the sheet surrounded in elastic and pushed everything else off the bed. I crawled to each corner and put the sheet on. *Hiccup* *Hiccup* The first 2 corners were fine, but the other 2 just weren't happening. I couldn't believe I didn't have the capacity to make the bed.

*Hiccup*

I rolled over and laid on the bare mattress face first and pathetically moaned. "Meh." I just wanted to go to bed. I just wanted to go to bed on clean sheets. My shoulders and throat started aching from hiccuping so violently.

I woke up at 6 this morning and examined my handiwork. The blanket was still on the floor. The fitted sheet was only on 3 corners and the other sheet was on upside down.

I really wanted to sleep on clean sheets.

Lesson: Always make the bed before you go out. Never count on waiting until after Crown is imbibed.

3 comments:

... said...

Sometimes I (like an idiot) decide that when I get home I should put away the dishes. I have a nice scar and 3 broken glasses from that!

Jamie said...

One time I decided I wanted to fry an egg. I have a scar from that!

citizen student said...

i wanted to post above but it won't let me... stoopid blogger.

you're both nuts. the only thing i ever decide to do is get out of my clothes, wash my face and brush my teeth.
many a morning have i woken up to carpet on my tongue and jeans that feel so tight i think i'll have to pry myself out of them with the jaws of life.

as for your getting sick? dayquil.
i can honestly say i haven't been sick in YEARS. i'm SO JEALOUS.
it's getting to the point where i could like the saliva off of cups and rub myself all over used and dirty tissues just to try to get a cold..
but that's so disgusting it's making me want to throw up a little in my mouth right now.

ps... that cat? omg! i had a meeting and i had the song in my head the WHOLE TIME.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com