Friday, June 30, 2006

Nightly Notables

Erin and I went to Screen on the Green last night and watched "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." We got really into it and bought Wonka Bars and Everlasting Gobstoppers for the show. Other people got really into it too, just in different ways:
  • Number of people attending: 17,000
  • Number of people I recognized: 1.
  • Number of people dressed like Willy Wonka: 2, including my favorite transvestite if you think Willy Wonka is a short shorts kind of guy.
  • Number of people dressed in costumes that had nothing to do with the movie: 8, ranging from B52's impersonators and one girl who obviously mistook Screen on the Green for the Kentucky Derby.
  • Number of people running around with sparklers shouting, "GO CHARLIE!": 4.
  • Number of drunk guys who stripped down to their underwear and did their best subconscious reenactment of "van down by the river guy:" 1.
  • Number of times I screamed, "But there are children here!:" 6.
And I got to have this conversation with the one person I did recognize:

Brandon: I was at "Breakfast at Tiffany's" last week.
Jamie:
Me too! Oh, so you were the straight guy.
Brandon:
(Laughing) Yeah, that was me. So I really liked the movie. I have such a crush on Audrey Hepburn. If it wasn't so wrong I... I'd...
Jamie:
Have sex with her dead body?
Brandon:
She's dead!?
Jamie:
Yeah, for like 7 years now. Cancer.
Brandon:
Although I really loved that movie, there's one thing I don't get.
Jamie:
What's that?
Brandon:
They never actually eat breakfast.

She totally does, but I didn't have the heart to tell him that. He was already upset enough when I spilled the beans that she was a hooker.

4 comments:

... said...

She was a hooker????? ;-)

Eric said...

Number of fat transvestites, with male pattern baldness, wearing assless jeans while "tucking in" like Buffalo Bill seen by Eric: 1

Number of subsequent projectile vomits fought off: 1

Jamie said...

Oh I think you win. You win, Eric, you win.

Eric said...

If that's so, then I've never wanted more to be called a loser...

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com