Thursday, May 11, 2006

A post about me

After standing next to some very smelly people, I finally had my package. I looked at it and said to myself "How exciting! Something from Bermuda!" I flipped the package over. On the back me wrote "How exciting! A package from Bermuda! Yay sunshine!" and everything felt eerie for a moment.

I looked up at the darkening sky, searched the skyline for the Bank of America building and promptly found it. I'm lucky I live behind the tallest building in Atlanta; I can always find my way home.

At home I finally found a use for my Ikea knife set. I grabbed the unused blade and sliced open the package. Inside were these:

A beautiful post card of paradise where the most newsworthy thing that happens is a guy falling down and cracking his head open on the street.

A calendar with more lovely pictures for me to hate me all the days in the year for living some place so cool.

And a rum cake to ease my suffering for hating her.

And I automatically knew where they were going to go: in my cubicle! (Well, except for the rum cake, which goes in my belly) So now I have 3 things hanging in my cubicle. I promptly told my coworkers that my friend in Bermuda sent me decorations and now they're all jealous. Thanks me!

Bermuda stamps, woot!

4 comments:

citizen student said...

yay!!! that's so exciting!!!

how was the rum cake??? tell me it was good, it was good right?

sweet... you got my gift!

your post made my day... YAY!
and i showed my coworker and she wanted me to tell you that she was with me when i sent it.

yay!!

Jamie said...

Well, thanks to the both of you!

I haven't had the cake yet, I was saving it for a special occasion or a really crappy day.

I'll have to make y'all calendars of homeless people and crack addicts so you can see where I live!

citizen student said...

omg, how did you know that is exactly what i wanted?

homeless people and crack addicts?

YES! PLEASE! i can't get enough!

i'm eager to know what you think of that cake... i could eat like eight in one sitting... but that's just me

Eric said...

All this "me" and "her" stuff is freakin' me out man!!

Who's she talking about?

I don't know?

Me?

Her?!

My?!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com