Tuesday, April 18, 2006

It's so funny, yet so sad

There have been two times in my life where I have simultaneously laughed and cried. And before you say it, no I didn't laugh so hard I cried (although that tends to happen too), I truly felt conflicting emotions and didn't know how to deal with them, so they both happened.

The first time was my 21st birthday (T minus 6 days till the birthday). My ex-boyfriend asked what I wanted for my birthday and I said more than anything, I wanted an ice cream cake. My dad used to get me those for my birthdays at his house when I was little and I really wanted one.

So he went to Baskin Robbins and ordered me a cake. When it was ready, he picked it up, brought it back to his apartment, and put it in the fridge.

Do you see his error yet?

It was my birthday and for reasons I don't want to get into, it wasn't a great day. I think I cried a total of 5 times on that day, including the birthday cake incident. Patrick opens the fridge to retrieve my cake...

...and it was melted on the floor of his fridge.

Dumbass didn't realize that ice cream and ice cream products both go in the freezer. I started laughing because he just stood there and ice cream was dripping everywhere. But then I realized that that was my birthday cake and I would not be getting an ice cream cake that year and I began to cry. I didn't know if the incident was more funny or more sad so I just stood there in front of the refrigerator in his kitchen alternating laughing and crying.

The second time I simultaneously laughed and cried was when I saw this picture this morning:

6 comments:

Will said...

No ninja column from me--too many people have already beat me to the punch. It'd be like hooking up with Jenna Jameson at this point...so maybe I'll eventually get around to it

Paige said...

Hehe! Good times! Maybe it's b/c I'm Jewish, but I just plain laughed!

citizen student said...

no giggles on this for me...

that's just sick.

sometimes adult humour is wrong.

i like animals too much to laugh at them when they're not purposely being funny

Ryon said...

That is pretty sad and funny. I don't remember a time when I ever laughed and cried at the same time. Which, I think, is kind of sad in itself. If I showed that to Audra she would probably cry too. She is a softy for roadkill.

Jamie said...

This picture really does upset me. While it's clever that someone took the time to smash eggs and run over a basket (which is why I laughed) but then I think of the bunny and his death, and it's a bunny! Not a skunk or opposum or your typical road kill, and it saddened me. I get upset if I rehit road kill! Especially cats and dogs that will definitely make me cry...

Anonymous said...

OK apparently I am the only sick bastard who reads this site and thought it was hilarious.. sick yes, but still hilarious!

Walks away with my head held in shame.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com