Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Cybersexcapades

My e-mail address is very simple: it's my first and middle name. I had the e-mail address for about a year when I started getting e-mails that thanked me for my order at Avon Canada.

First of all, I don't shop from Avon. Secondly, I'm not Canadian.

I freaked out, thinking that someone had my credit card number and was using it to buy face cream. After several frantic e-mails with the company, I learned that someone else mistakenly entered my e-mail address. The only thing that separates our addresses is one of those underscores. She has one and I don't.

The other Jamie Sarah is very forgetful about this. Oftentimes, I find myself e-mailing her back her work attachments that she meant to send to herself, but sent to me instead. I still get receipts from Avon Canada. I never really gave it too much thought, just a minor annoyance.

Today I check my e-mail and a letter made it past my spam blocker. I didn't recognize the guy, but it didn't look like spam. I thought maybe I gave out my e-mail address to a guy when I was drunk and just forgot. I have a collection of napkins documenting unrecognizable memories, so I wouldn't put it past me.

I opened it up and this it what it read:


That, I would have remembered. Apparently the other Jamie Sarah has a membership to Adult Finder and enjoys naughty on-line chatting. This I didn't need to know.

And I didn't forward the e-mail to her.

7 comments:

Dave Everson said...

ha! that was perfect end-of-a-long-workday funniness. thanks for that.

but you wrote that post for the sake of better statcounter numbers, didn't you?

not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

Jamie said...

Actually, that was an unintentional mention of sex.

If I was doing for the sake of my stat counter. I probably would have e-mailed him back, posing as her, toy with him, and then post it here.

Hmm, that's actually a good idea...

Eric said...

Rriigght...it's the other "Jamie" on AdultFinder.

Little do your readers know that that is exactly where we met!!

Unknown said...

Toy with him! C'mon... just for us, please!

... said...

Do IT!

Anonymous said...

DAMN! Well atleast you have an interesting person who forgets to her email address! With my luck my person would be an old lady or something lol.

I definitely think you should email this guy back hehe.

citizen student said...

just my luck...
the only email i ever received that was meant for someone else was from a girl who misentered the address of her friend who just died and had had an impact on her life.

creepy if anything i guess but i uh... emailed her back to let her know hey... i'm not her... i'm alive please don't jinx me

the sex ones are soo much better.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com