Friday, February 17, 2006

Yoga: a review

I had my first yoga class at my new gym yesterday. I have no prior yoga experience, but I have stretched before.

Nothing prepared me for this.

Not stretching, not ballet, not even sex.

I have no idea how holding some pose that looks simple makes me scream in pain with sweat dripping off my face, but it does. There were several positions that I have never been in before in my life. To me, that's saying a lot. Think about it, I've had this skin for 25 years and there were many contortions that it hasn't been in before. Seems a little weird.

I am definitely going to invest in my own mat. I think anyone would after sweating on it for an hour and then the instructor orders you to do a pose where you are face-first on the mat. And you wonder if that smell is just your sweat, or the sweat of all the people that have used it before you.

It was unbelievably hard and painful, but I felt great afterwards. This will definitely give me some muscles for that body I'm working on!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com