Thursday, February 23, 2006

The pin that pops

I went to Wal-Mart the other day to replenish my supply of Slim Fast and diet pills. I found the diet aisle and begin to browse for my items when this 300 lb woman drives up to the aisle in her courtesy fat-person scooter. She parks her fat ass right in front of where I was looking. Behind her, her presumed husband follows with an empty shopping cart. Her exact opposite, he stands emaciated looking and defeated.

She acted as ugly as she looked. She obviously prefers the cookie aisle and yelled and ordered him to choose a diet pill and throw it in the cart. I know it's rude, but I couldn't help but to stop what I was doing and just stare at them, alternating my gaze from the fat cow to her slouching husband. They both looked miserable: she because she didn't want to be there, and he because he didn't want to get yelled at.

My staring progressed more into a sneer as I stood there and watched them. Unlike VegasGustan, I'm pretty good at being nonconfrontational with the lowbrows of society, but I kept opening my mouth to say something before I closed it again. I wanted to tell her how ugly I thought she was- inside and outside. I wanted to tell her that the first step to losing weight would be to walk to the diet pills, not drive. The second step would be to watch what she put in her god damned mouth. Instead, I just stood there, giving her the evil eye. I didn't try to hide it; I didn't pretend to be looking for my stuff anymore.

I did, however, feel beautiful the rest of the day. Because I will never let myself become that.

6 comments:

Ryon said...

I'm only confrontational when someone is directly rude to me. If I see a person being an ass to someone else I mind my own business...almost always. I have said something once to a guy who was screaming at a girl he did not know who obviously was scared. Now, if that fat mobile cow said something to me like, "Hey little sweetheart, move so my puppet, I mean husband, can grab some pills." I would have said something in a heartbeat. What can you do?

Jamie said...

I totally would have enouraged you to say something if you were with me!

Jeff said...

I would've just pulled my weapon from it's holster and shot her dead! One less fat cow rolling over the surface! lol....jk....I would've given her a whole shelf of diet pills!

... said...

Gotta love the chubbies. They make us ALL feel beautiful.

Ryon said...

Well, if you encouraged me I would have of course said something...I am a sucker for peer pressure.

Unknown said...

I would have done the exact same thing, just sorta' stared with disgust. Is that awful of me? It's more her personality than her looks that would have upset me though. Let's make that clear... I hate those f'n courtesy scooters. What a weird country we live in, people have to use scooters. Not cuz' they're disabled. Oh no! Because they are slugs. Nice job America. We rock!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com