Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Done and Done

It feels pretty good to say that I met my New Year's resolution by February. It was to pick a sport and participate in it.

This is my second week of ballet. I did a bit of it in college and decided to get back into it, for exercise if nothing else.

I learned a few things about myself these past couple of weeks:

Apparently all those years of drinking did have other effects on me besides weight gain and an extra semester of college. I have lost all sense of balance, or what little sense of balance I had. I've always been on the klutzy side. "Jamie, why can't you stand on one foot?" came up in class more than once.

Balance for me apparently became an alcohol learned behavior, stemmed from my friends making me do the drunk test of jumping up and down on one foot while touching my nose. I can do this just fine under the influence, as I recently demonstrated at a party after telling this story, but I can't do it sober. Or barefoot. Especially barefoot and sober.

I also have the jumping ability of a guy with Cheeto stained fingers who has done nothing but played Halo for the last 3 years. It's. That. Bad. Just more proof that I am the whitest person ever.

The good news is the combination of ballet and yoga has made me very bendy.

1 comments:

Paige said...

Yeah, I sucked at ballet too....I quit within 6 months of lessons when I was a kid.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com