Wednesday, January 04, 2006

No! He's just a frog!

I haven't made any friends at work yet, my head has been in this damn book. I'm halfway through and am already contemplating jamming a pen in my aorta. It's not that bad. It's just reading a lot of legal codes. Lawyers do this too, although they get paid a hell of a lot more. But it's slow and therefore tedious. I am learning: I am able to look and legal contracts and understand them now, instead of thinking it's gibberish.

I did meet one guy, however. Unofficially. I was walking down the hall and he rounded a corner quickly and we collided. Just like in the movies. I got up and looked at my prince in the eyes... and did a double take.

He's quite possibly the ugliest guy I've seen in awhile. His eyes bulge out of his head like some damn disease. Not only that, but his eyes are also swollen and red. I'm actually embarrassed I did the double take, I wonder if he knows why I did it. I'd hate to think that he saw that I was repulsed by seeing him. What a devastating thought... to think that people did that when they looked at you.

I feel really bad about it, but, I swear, it was a physical reaction. I had no control over it. But now I'm prepared for next time when I know what's coming.
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com