Tuesday, January 03, 2006

But you're getting paid!

Had my first day of work today. I walked in and my boss showed me my cubicle told me to bring in my things to make it my own space. She then disappears and returns with a textbook, and tells me to read it and get back to her in a few days when I'm done.



It's about 800 pages of the construction process. These aren't Harry Potter pages either. It's not terribly interesting, but I am also learning a lot so they counteract each other.

My eyes hurt as they crossed and uncrossed and crossed again throughout my 8 hours of reading. I'm going to have to find a new hobby this week because I'm sure as hell not picking up another book.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on getting a new job!

No congrats for having to read that book that looks sooo interesting!

Paige said...

I'll foward you my Cosmo to get you through the bad points! :-)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com