Monday, January 02, 2006

If I see one more of these, I'm going to rip my hair out

I remember hearing a couple of months ago that Fantasia is illiterate. I was going to write a post on how unimaginable that is. How can you get to your mid-twenties and not read? What about TV and billboards? Wouldn't you pick it up through osmosis?

But too much time has passed and I let the subject drop, now that it's old news. Until I was in Borders last week, AND SAW AN EFFING BOOK WITH HER NAME ON THE COVER AND HER NAME AS THE AUTHOR. WTF?!?! How does someone WHO CAN'T READ get a book deal? I know plenty of people who go through schooling and spend close over $100k to get an MFA and then still struggle to get book deals. I am a published writer, but not on a work of fiction, which I'm currently working on. Bloody Fantasia has a book...

I had to restrain myself at the bookstore. I had to fight the urge to pick up the book and just effing go at it and rip it apart.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com