Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Temporarily Hired

This week I'm running my father's business while everyone is away for a conference. We always talked about me eventually joining the business and I'm hoping that if I do a good enough job now, then the job offer will shortly follow. I don't think my father sees me as a professional, but still as his child, so when he returns and the business isn't burned to the ground, he'll have some faith in me. *Fingers still crossed about the business burning part.

The other nice thing is that he runs his business out of his house so I always have the duties as house sitter and dog sitter. Even though it's only for a week, it's so nice to live on my own again. I'd forgotten how much I wanted a house of my own before I came up with my crazy scheme to move to Atlanta that worked out oh so well.

I definitely like the being my own boss part. I've been sitting in the pool and reading and I just run and answer the phone when I hear it. Pretty cushy, actually. I am especially glad the weather is still warm enough to do this.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Good luck running the business while everyone is out of town!!! I think that rocks! I'm sure you'll do just fine!

Ryon said...

I thought you worked for your dad before?

No?

Hmmm....

Jamie said...

VG- indirectly. I worked at a factory that he represented, so I've worked with him before, but never for him.

Paige said...

Good to have something to do, if only for now :-)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com