Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Arts and crafts time

Thanks for all the comments to let me know that indeed ALL mothers are like this, not just mine. I am now resigned to the orders and we are able to coexist peacefully.

I found a scrapbook that I had made of a past relationship. Well, we were still together at the time, when it made more sense to keep a scrapbook. It's very cool with photos and love letters and the like. It looks like I stole all mementos we had for the book, so he probably doesn't even have a photo of me, but I don't think that keeps him up at night. The problem: it's not finished. I have pages laid out that were never completed and put into the book. It would take me several hours to finish. I don't know whether to complete it or not. Part of me wants to so it will be a finished book and won't have crap hanging out of it; it looks kinda sad not complete. But the other part of me doesn't want to spend one minute on a book about an ex. If I should complete it, it would have the same fate as being uncompleted: it will go back up to the attic in a box. So why waste any time on this project?

Any thoughts?

5 comments:

Ryon said...

I think you should finish it and just put it away. That way it is complete and you will not think on it. I feel like that would give complete closure to the relationship. If you don't finish it you will keep thinking to yourself that you need to. Git 'er done and move on.

Paige said...

How funny is it that you found this? I swear we are connected somehow! Check out what happened to me; My sister just came to visit, and gave me a bag of stuff that was mine that my sister and mom found in the garage while they were cleaning it out. What was in it? Letters from psedo relationships and friends LONG gone. It was kinda eerie to read too; evidently I only kept letters that told me I was right about a fight that that person and I had earlier.
Strange huh?

Jamie said...

Yeah, I like that idea. I'll finish it and shove it back in the attic. Thanks!

Ryon said...

That's what I said first...damn it.

Heh Heh Heh.

aprilbapryll said...

I agree, I'd finish it. That way when you're 80 and you find it again it might bring a smile to your face. Somehow with age all the bad falls away.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com