Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I think 24 and 26 is too old for this

It was fun spending the weekend with Baby and his family. Although we are still on the whole sleeping-in-separate-bedrooms-when-at-the-'rents thing, which means sleeping in separate bedrooms, but not at all, and usually ends up with me belly crawling out of his room in the morning.

I could have killed him one morning. The usual routine is he'll leave first and come back to tell me if his parents are in the living room and the coast is clear or not. When it's not, he'll leave his door open and I'll just get a running start and, by the time they notice me, I'm halfway down the hall and they can't determine which bedroom I came from.

However this time he gets up, closes the door behind him, and goes to the effing store, leaving me in a lurch. We were on a time crunch so I couldn't wait for him to return. I had to get to my bathroom and get ready. His door distinguishably and notably creaks, making me unable to just open it. Instead I stick my ear to the door and listen for what sounds like 2 parents in the kitchen, not one in the kitchen and one in the living room, ready to bust me. When I hear what I think is 2 people in the kitchen, I swing the door open, but I didn't dare leave the room. Then the dog downstairs hears the door open and runs upstairs and into the room. Dammit. Luckily he didn't bark and after some shooing, he returned downstairs. I literally laid on my belly and periodically crawled out until I could see someone's arm in the chair. After about 10 minutes of this, the chair was empty and I ran into my room and shut the door. Clear.

Oh, and I'm sure they know I'm doing this.

6 comments:

Jeff said...

Damn...ya'll are definitely too old for that sneakin' around junk! Parents....sheesh!

Anonymous said...

Who knew Jamie was part Navy SEAL? And If I can get my hands on the guy who keeps insulting Jamie and her readers, I am going to put him in so much pain he will wish he had died as a child. Wheeeew I feel better now.

Ryon said...

that is funny and kinda sad. Oh well, what can you do? At least you got him.

Paige said...

Someday in the future, you'll look back on this and miss it...isn't that funny?

Jamie said...

You really think I'll miss it? Do you? I guess it would be weird to just walk out of his room and leave everything out in the open, I've been doing this around parents my entire career as a girlfriend. I just hate the fact that no matter your age, you still have to live under your parents rules, doesn't matter that you're both mentally and financially independent.

Paige said...

Thanks msthang...I was right there, all you had to do was say "Paige was right" ah, the greatest three words in the world...LoL Just Kidding!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com