Sunday, July 17, 2005

I am an Atlantan driver

The saying goes, "Welcome to Georgia where the speed limit is just a suggestion," and I take full advantage of this. My cruise control keeps my truck at no less than 10 miles over the speed limit. On highways (especially the perimeter and I-85), anything under 80 is okay. I fully believe that when merging, the car traveling the fastest has the right of way. Matter of fact, I believe whomever is going the fastest has the right of way at all times. If you can go through a red light before I can go through my green, that is fine with me. Lane weaving is also acceptable if it means finding the fastest route.

If you screw up and stop in a "keep moving" lane, I will honk until you go. If you give me the finger while I'm honking, I will just lay on the horn until you move. Likewise, if stop and try to make a left hand turn, but you are not in a turning lane, I will also sit behind you and honk until you turn. Sitting in the wrong lane will not be tolerated! I believe the horn is a tool of assertion, not defense.

When people say they are afraid to drive on the perimeter because of the crazy drivers, they are referring to me.

I am an Atlantan driver.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com