Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Another weekend tale


Baby and I spent a lot of time at the country club this weekend. We originally went to hit a bucket of balls, but as soon as we got there it began to thunder and lightning so we decided to skip the golf and enjoy the bar.

After about 2 drinks Baby looks at me, smiles, and asks me if I could get used to the country club life. "This isn't my first country club you know," I whip back. "I've spent some time at Druid Hills, and am awaiting my acceptance at Augusta." (Some may not get the reference, but women aren't allowed to play at Augusta.) Like clockwork, the bartender returns to our table and I ask for a SoCo. This doesn't seem out of the ordinary, or even an unusual order, but the bartender returns and tells me very apologetically that they don't carry Southern Comfort at the bar. I guess I already hit my 2 drink maximum because I shoot back, "What it's not prestigious enough for you?" Baby literally groans, places his head in his hands, and shakes his head. Whoops. I apologized to the bartender and he was really nice about it.

An hour later and I was good and tanked, but I held my composure pretty well. Until he signs for the bill. And I let out a single loud hiccup. "Baby, please get me outta here," I whispered. Fortunately minus another table, we were the only people doing happy hour there during the storm so my embarrassment was minimal, but when we came back the next day for lunch, I double checked to see if that bartender was there, and when he wasn't, I breathed a sigh of relief.

5 comments:

Paige said...

That's hot! Getting Tanked at the Country Club Bar!

In my old neighborhood, we had a "summer subscription" to the country club, and the richest effing people would make total fools out of themselves. A local newscaster came thisclose to actually hitting his wife at the breakfast buffet. Needless to say, his ratings dropped.

Jamie said...

Oh I wasn't the only drunk one there. Later that weekend we saw a guy slap his wife across the face and refuse to pay his $200 bar tab!

Paige said...

See? Rich people think they can get away with anything!

Ryon said...

No SoCo?! That is so wrong. I know some people say it is a girl's drink...but it has just as much alcohol as Jim or Jack and tastes better. Who would not like that?

Anonymous said...

The wife slapping and the $200 bar tab was not the same night, that actually happened on the 4th. My God I love redneck drama.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com