Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Wait you were a groomsman in the wedding and you didn't know who the bride was?

I'll eventually get off this high school kick and join the real world once again. But this just happened and I thought it would be a good post.



This is a picture of one of my best friends in high school. For about 2 years we did everything together. I drifted away from our circle of friends our senior year of high school because I was going through a lot of personal problems. We probably didn't speak the last few months of high school and all of a sudden we were graduated and I haven't had contact with her since. Before the following story transpired, I had been thinking about her recently and thinking about looking her up.

Flash to 2 weeks ago. I was on-line one night and received an instant message from a boy I dated my freshman year of college. He was inviting me to a barbecue he was having later on that weekend. As habit, I clicked on his information button and in his info box was his website.

Okay, now this is me: Ooh, he has a new website. Let me see....Okay this one says A Town so that must be Atlanta. I'll click on it. Pictures...Mmmm. People I don't know. More people I don't know. Drunk people I don't know. Wait. Stop. Is that? Is that...Lauren? IS THAT LAUREN?!




I made a quick call to Brandon and he didn't answer his cell phone. Then I called Jenn, who also was friends with her, and I made her navigate through the pages. "No...I don't think that's her," she says, "Pretty dress though."

Brandon called me back and didn't recognize my phone number or voice. (So why did he invite me out, I wondered, but that could be another entry entirely.) After I told him who I was, I asked him about the wedding pictures on his website. "Yeah, that's my buddy from high school," he says.
"Yeah, Brandon, I don't care about that, who's the girl?"
"Some girl he met in college, I don't know her."
"Wait you were a groomsman in his wedding and you don't know who she is?"
(Again, another post entirely. Oh, and I would die if someone was in MY WEDDING PARTY AND NOT KNOW WHO I AM.) Okay, nevermind. Did he go to Samford?"
"Yeah..."
"And is her name Lauren?"
"Yeah, but I don't know her maiden name."
"I do."
Weird coincidence, right? A boy I dated in college has pictures of a one of my best friends from high school on his website. At least I know how she turned out.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com