Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Um, the Real World if you're drunk with Daddy's credit card

I pour myself a glass of wine and anticipate a longstanding tradition of mine, The Real World. I started watching the show since practically the beginning and I've kept watching it because, every season, the kids get stupider and stupider. See? I just used the word kids which illustrates my point:

I am too old for the Real World.

It hit me tonight when the kids are introducing themselves and I am older than all of them; I might even be too old to be on the show now. I sat there thinking, God, they look young. Sign number 1. Sign number 2 is when they all meet each other while heading towards the house and I thought, I can't believe she's traveling in sweat pants, everyone knows you dress up when you fly.

Just when I'm convinced that I need to put some distance between the Real World and me, someone gets sucker-punched, almost arrested, and needing surgery. I love this show!

6 comments:

Paige said...

I forgot that you were 3 hours ahead and freaked out because I thought I had missed it....I'm the biggest nerd for the real world...I hope these kids are better though...I just realized if I wanted to get on the real world I've got about 9 months before I'm to OLD! I can't believe how old I am!

Anonymous said...

ooh ladies.. you haven't reached old until you are 28, get stationed in Italy, get placed in the barracks to live with a 19 year old, and when you walk out your door there is a constant party with someone puking because they can drink at 18 here. Lord help me it's like Real World 24/7 here but with stupider people lol

Paige said...

OMG, I just saw him get hit....

1. Fantastic editing and cinematography (can't believe I'm saying that about The Real World)

2. How did they just get in a fight in the middle of the street over nothing?

3. I just looked in the mirror and I am older than these people....I LOOK older. I'm about to have an early mid-life crisis!

4. Dra-ma! This season is gonna be fraught with....high emotion

Jamie said...

Hm I always thought that the drinking was under control in Europe...I don't know about the puking, but Italy sounds really good right now!

Paige I hope I didn't spoil it for you! I looked down for a second and all of a sudden Danny is lying on the ground when that guy hit him. Did he fall, was he pushed down?

Paige said...

To me it looked like he ran into someone and fell, and then the guy just punched him. His eye was BLACK! I'm not talking a black eye, I'm talking black like someone attacked him with a sharpie or something! It was nuts!

Paige said...

BTW, VegasGustan just posted! He isn't missing!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com