Monday, June 20, 2005

Weekend stats

I spent Friday afternoon swimming with my niece. Nothing like having to explain a belly button ring to a 4-year-old.

Saturday I went to my mother's house where Baby came up. We all went out to eat at Henry's, a wonderful Cajun cafe in Acworth. Ate myself silly and got slightly drunk on my second glass of wine. This is when I proclaimed to the entire table, "People are more racist in Mississippi then they are here in Georgia!" I got my brother a shovel for his birthday. (He just bought his first house so it makes sense now, but I also enjoy telling people I gave him a shovel for his birthday. "For digging up or burying," I explained.)

I spent Sunday at my father's house. Gave him a coupon for a meal at my apartment and he seemed to really like it. We spent the day drinking beer and laying out by the pool (where I put lotion on everywhere but my face.) It was really nice because no was in a hurry to get to someone else's house. We usually spend every holiday on the way to someone else's house to visit, so this was an almost startling feeling.

So that was my weekend, short and sweet.

5 comments:

Paige said...

All good things must come to an end. I'm back as well.

Anonymous said...

"I also enjoy telling people I gave him a shovel for his birthday. "For digging up or burying,"

Girl you are hilarious! All I have to say is I am glad that I don't have someone like you around my parts of the area because I would completely feed off your words and get myself in trouble lol.

Jamie said...

I get into enough trouble for 3 people! Thanks and I'll add ya to the site!

Paige said...

Hey Jamie, I made my list of 100 things about me and put it in the sidebar....just for you!

Jamie said...

Ooh thanks!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com