Saturday, June 25, 2005

The memorial

I woke up really early Friday morning, even though I didn't have to go to work because I was terrified I'd sleep through the memorial service and I'd receive all sorts of grief from my family for missing it. My father calls around 11AM to tell me it was at 4PM. I told him I was upset I didn't know earlier and he just figured he'd call and I would show up. I really wanted to help in any way I could.

The service was small and nice. I saw some relatives I hadn't seen in years. I saw some relatives I have never met before. Afterwards my parents hosted a reception/party at their house with some beer and really good food.

Jennifer showed up straight from the hospital with baby Graham. It was the first time I had ever seen a newborn. I made a big deal over it to make up for the fact she was completely overshadowed. I scored an invite to her house sometime.

It was nice seeing everyone. If I had known there would be a freaking party afterwards, I would have brought my bathing suit.

1 comments:

Ryon said...

Sounds nice.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com