Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Franks and Beans

My boss had me artistically write the name of a restaurant on the back of a chair as a part of some new options we're offering. I hope this doesn't mean that if someone chooses this option I'll have to do each chair. Anyways, the name of the restaurant? (I'm assuming)

Wieners

At least I hope it's the name of a restaurant. What if it's a strip club or, worse yet, a gay bar?

So I have the maturity level of a 6th grader and I can't believe I'm writing "wiener" on the back of a chair... and getting paid for it. Last time I felt like this I was a freshman in college and taking geology. I'd chosen a potentially-cute boy for my lab partner and I loved the fact he read a lot. I tried to get with him all semester. (Ooh that's actually another good story I'll have to reveal later.) I remember a lecture my professor gave on the amount of trash that orbits around the earth. Parts of shuttles, bad satellites, etc. She said that if we keep releasing garbage into space, we will eventually have rings like Saturn, but instead of ice it will be trash. Then she said this: "There are 2 types of garbage- floaters and sinkers." I chuckled and repeated in my best Beavis and Butthead impression (which wasn't an intended impression, but more of a coincidence) "Heh heh, floaters and sinkers heh heh."

He looked at me like I just left a floater/sinker in the chair.

Of course I was mortified for making a poo joke in front of this intellectual. I'm beginning to think I will never grow out of this.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com