Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Weekend in Oxford

In Oxford, there was a Confederate Memorial Service for Ole Miss. Apparently, Ole Miss had to close its doors during the Civil War because the entire student body died in battle. They had a parade that consisted of about 6 people dressed in Confederate attire ...AND GENERAL LEE AND SENATOR COOTER FROM "THE DUKES OF HAZZARD!"

(I say "Senator" Cooter because he is now in the Georgia State Senate. Besides, it's more fun to call him Senator Cooter.)

I grab my camera phone and get my picture with the car as seen here:



As you can see, I gingerly rest my hand on th car. I am now going to tell you about Robert and his experience with "The General."

Robert is in line to see the car and the person in front of him is a police officer. She sits in the car. Robert is next and, thinking it's okay, grabs the roof of the car and attempts to jump in the window like the boys did in the show. The wife of the man who owns the car starts screaming "You can't do that! You can't do that!"

She was wearing Tennessee's prison orange (to match the car I'm assuming) and she's big and looks like she could kick some ass.

Robert clumsily scrambles back out the window of General Lee and, in the process, cuts his knee open on the side view mirror- almost ripping it off. (The mirror, not his knee.) He's embarrassed and we leave the ceremony. His knee is cut pretty badly: it's bleeding through his shorts and you can see tissue hanging out. It probably needs stitches. Instead one of the boys yells, "Don't put Neosporin on it Robert! You want a scar from General Lee! What a great story it will be!"

Robert never did get his knee stitched, nor even washed it if I remember correctly, and henced the story is relayed here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

To add to the comedy of this story. Robert is 6'7". We lived together or two years. In that time he managed to knock him self out on a ceiling fan, among other mishaps that are too numerous to mention.

Ryon said...

That is funny as hell. That will be a good story for years to come. I am thinking the woman in orange was wearing it for the Vols. UT's colors.

Did you go to the pizza place I told you about?

Jamie said...

I did! Well we were at the Burgundy Room and someone brought it up to us. I was drunk, but I remember eating it!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com