Wednesday, April 27, 2005

It's Me!

Sunday was slightly traumatic. Fought with my mother from the moment I got home about my brother. She wanted me to be nice to him and I didn't want to. Dinner put me in a better mood and, when he drove to our mom's house after dinner, I was okay with him again.

Monday night my beloved roommate told me he was moving to Florida in a couple of weeks. He offered to pay half of the rent he already was paying (which isn't much) for the last 2 months of my lease. So this means not only will I be broke this summer, but in August I get to move again. I hate moving. Especially in the summertime.

I love my apartment and I love Athens; I am really dreading this move. I've decided to move to north Atlanta (closer to work) and get a one bedroom that will allow my husky. I really don't want to live by myself at this point in my life. I've done it before and I loved it, but I don't know anyone in the city but my sister and brother and, with working, I don't go out during the week anymore. Better get a good cable plan.

Other than that, I'm planning my trip to Oxford, Mississippi this weekend.

3 comments:

Ryon said...

North Atlanta, huh? Fun stuff. You know, since I've been married I sometimes wish I lived alone again. After a littl while you will probably dig it again. Here's hoping...

I can't believe you are going to Oxford. Small world. Oxford is a sneeze away from Memphis and I would go there all the time to see bands play the tiny clubs there. Hell, I saw John Mayer play at a bar when he did not even have a band! You really should eat at the Old Venice Pizza Place. Great Italian, well, great for the South. Wow, have fun!

Anonymous said...

I lived in Athens once too. Yea, there was this great chines place on 1st avenue that was out of this world. I used to go...

I'm a liar. I've never lived in athens. I've never even driven through the state of Georgia. I was just trying to impress you.

Did it work?

Jamie said...

I did eat at Old Venice Pizza! And I didn't read your comment until just now!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com