Friday, April 22, 2005
It's Friday and there is no boss on the office. Both of them went home to their families (they work in 1 state and live in another.) The question I've been asking is why are we here? Why aren't we taking hour and a half lunches and calling it a day at 3? Damn morals.

There is a higher level of bitching about customers and even a stab or two at the boss, but the five of us are still faithfully sitting at our desks. We're working... a little lighter than usual. I made a paper clip necklace. I also sent a memo to the company saying that my birthday is on Sunday and all presents can be left with Dorian at reception on Monday.

I'll even extend the invitation to y'all. Her name is Dorian and I like shiny things.

Spent my lunch hour at the used book store I found. Bought three more books, including Fred Chappell's I am One of You Forever, possibly my favorite book of all time. (Don't ask me why I didn't already own it.)

I seriously need to quit buying books until I've read all the ones I own (including ones I bought over six months ago.) I find that if I keep my unread books unshelved and sitting in a conspicuous pile, I will pick them up and read them. If they're shelved, it could take years (ahem, Gone with the Wind.) I also find something satisfying about finding a final resting place on a bookshelf for a book I just finished.

I'm planning a kick ass birthday/anniversary weekend. Tomorrow we're going to get my hair cut and give blood (not exactly romantic, but Red Cross called me. It will also benefit me later in the day.). Then we are going to drive to Chateau Elan in Winder and have lunch there, followed by a wine tour and tasting (now giving blood doesn't seem so bad!) From there, we're going to Commerce so I can shop at the outlets (more for me than him.) Then that night, we will eat at Speakeasy, my favorite restaurant of all time and the place of our first date, followed by a bottle of wine at home that we will buy at the winery.

Sunday we're going to my mom's house and then to Atlanta to meet everyone for dinner at Maggiano's where people will shower me with presents.

I'm excited, I hope it turns out great!

4 comments:

Ryon said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I hope you have a great time. I am sorry that you wasted 30 minutes on The Office. That episode was not that good. I want to go on a wine tasting in California, but Audra hates wine. Oh well...

Anonymous said...

Has the title of you blog always been The Incredible Shrinking Mokey?

I swear I thought it was Monkey...

Jamie said...

No it's Mokey- a Fraggle Rock reference.

Anonymous said...

oh. huh. I have been reading "monkey" all this time, and I thought I was going crazy when I saw "mokey." Well, good. Glad to be able to prove once again that I am a terrible observer...

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com