Thursday, May 05, 2005

On why I don't like the receptionist at work

1) One time she said, "Who's going to buy me a drink from the vending machine?" I was in a good mood (or on crack) and volunteered. At that time I got a phone call that took me about 15 minutes to muddle through. She sent me the call. By the time I finally got off the phone, she says, "I'm tired of waiting, when are you going to buy my drink?"

2) She approached me and asked me for money. After incident number 1, I lied and told her I didn't have any. I felt bad and directed her to another co-worker to which she replied, "Oh I have money, I just didn't want to go through my purse to get it."

3) She makes comments to me like, "Don't be late to the meeting tomorrow."

4) She gives me work to do when she doesn't want to look it up herself.

5) I handed her a list of people coming that day to pick up orders. She asked us to do this for her. I gave her the stack of papers and she gave me a dirty look and snarled, "Why are you giving me this, Jamie?"

6) I brought Krystal to work with me for lunch yesterday, causing this conversation:
Mean Receptionist: Do you have any Krystals left?
Jamie: No.
Mean Receptionist:
(scoffs) But you bought a Sackful!
Jamie:
I bought 3.

And what if I did buy a Sackful? What if, God forbid, I was hungry and bought a Sackful? Do I deserve to be treated poorly because I didn't share? If I was hungry enough, would I deserve scoffs and looks?

Every time something like this transpires, I want to yell at her, "Go answer the phone you phone-answering receptionist!"

4 comments:

mcgibfried said...

yeah.. i don't have to meet her and i hate her too!

Ryon said...

In a word...bitch. Her, not you.
Jeez....
Hey, you should do a gross abuse of power and tell your dad to have her fired.

Ryon said...

Oh, and I did not go anywhere. Look at my previous posts.

inkyfingers said...

Befriend her, take her intelligent ideas (if any) on how to improve things in your comapny, and then present them to your boss as your own. Also, leave embarrassing notes or memos from "her" around the office. Things pertaining to a herpes outbreak or some illicit "cooking" operation are usually good bets for embarrassment.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com