Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Finally, a post worth reading

I know my posts this week have been lame. I've been lame this week. Nothing has happened worth writing about and I've been scraping. I finally have a story: *cue music*

I ALMOST DIED TODAY

An ex boyfriend once told me why he believes in God: there is no way he would still be alive today if it wasn't for a higher power, he's done too many stupid things and has come close to death too many times. I remember reflecting on that sentiment with my own life: playing on the train tracks and not hearing that second train, car accident #1, diving drunk into the shallow end of a pool, etc. These are all reasons I should not be alive today.

I can add another story to the list.

Innocently enough, I was walking to my truck during my lunch break. As I stepped into the parking lot, I heard a engine revving at a very high rpm. I looked for a car, but couldn't see one. I stopped just in case. At that moment a car sped by as fast as it would go. It was one of our plant workers trying to look like a bad ass in his '88 Pontiac with a missing headlight. Perhaps the headlight was missing from hitting another body.

The car peeled out of the lot, turned on the road, and then sped as fast as he could to the red light. Ass. Forget my life, do you know how much gas he is wasting at these prices? I was a little shaken up, mentally thanking my mother for making me stop and look both ways before crossing a street, and I sat in my truck for a few minutes before going to lunch.

When I got back, I complained to my boss and pointed out the car. The president of the company walked up to the guy sitting in his car while he was on his break and told him if he does it again then he's fired. Wooha!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are sometimes I think you are an accident waiting to happen. There might be someone out to get you, or you are just lucky as hell. In any case I'm glad you are alright. That guy should be bound and castrated with a dull, rusty, spoon.

Ryon said...

Good for you. I hate sons-of-bitches who do things like that.

I feel the same way about there being a God, because I have done some stupid things in my life too.

Jamie said...

Just when I think my clutziness has died down, something like this happens. But then again, this was truly not my fault!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com