Friday, April 01, 2005

Whoever invented TGIF should go to hell

It's the last few minutes of my Friday and all the bosses have already left work. Why am I still here? It's an abuse of the honor system!

Has anyone else been following the news this year and thought, Armageddon has already transpired, the good people have already left, and God has left us here to battle it out ourselves?

My mind is scattered because I tried to use it too much today. I need to go home and watch some roadrunner cartoons.

The roommate is in Virginia and the boyfriend is on his way to my apartment. I guess we're left to our own devices this weekend. It's my turn to plan the weekend and I am out of ideas. Right now the plan is buy some sandwiches, make some dip, drink some beer, and watch some movies.

On the plus side of today, someone said to me: "Hey, you look nice today," to which I gave a cheery "Thanks!" Then he says, "April Fools!" All of a sudden I'm in fourth grade and everyone made fun of me because I read books. I'm walking out of the music room and heading down the hallway. A boy named Matt stops me and says, "Guess who likes you!"
"I don't know, who?"
"I don't know, you tell me!"
It was a lame joke but I remember my face falling and I just looked devastated. I was devastated.

Thanks for letting me revisit that today.

2 comments:

Ryon said...

I'm sorry to hear about all that. That is just stupid. Hey, feel like a road trip this weekend? Do you like waterfalls? If you answered yes to both of these questions then boy to I have a trip for you! Go to your local Barnes and Noble, Books A Million, or Borders and look for the following book "Waterfalls of the Southern Appalachians". Pretty close to Athens is Lake Rabun, GA. There are about four waterfalls in that area that are incredible. Plus, many within an hour or so around there. Check it out. It is a trip you will always remember.

Jamie said...

I think I might have went there last summer. I saw the waterfalls, but I don't know where I was (I wasn't the one driving.) Hmm- I'll have to ask. Actually I think it was near Griffin or Macon.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com