Thursday, September 29, 2011

First World Problems

Me, on phone to my mother: Hey mom, I found this album art that I think would make a cool painting for my bedroom. If I come over and visit this weekend, do you think you could sketch it on the canvas for me?

My mother: I don't know how you lost your confidence with drawing. I always thought you were so good at it when you were younger.

Me: MAYBE THAT'S BECAUSE WHEN YOU WERE MY ART TEACHER, YOU GAVE ME A B INSTEAD OF AN A!!!

My mother: (Quietly) I did that?

Me: (Pouting) Yes.

My mother: Oh. (Pause.) Yes, I'll sketch it for you.

My mother was the only art teacher I've ever had; all drawing deficiencies can solely rest on her. She says the years we went to school together were special. I never got away with putting a change of clothes into my backpack.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com