Monday, June 11, 2007

Scoot

I spent Saturday afternoon test driving Vespas. With gas prices expecting to reach $4 a gallon and my gas-hog of an SUV, I figured I could afford a scooter for tooling around the city with what I would be saving on gas.

My chipped-tooth and tattooed but cute-as-a-button salesmantook me into a parking lot and taught me how to drive the scooter... after I insisted on riding with him of course. Afterwards we sat together at the table and worked out some figures on paper.

"Well let me take this with me--I never jump into things so I need to think about it. And call me when you get the battery replaced on the used one. I'm interested in driving it."

"Okay, I'll give you a call on Tuesday. Wait, do I even have your number?"

"Nope."

"Well I was going to get it anyways. I'm a single guy, you know."

I laughed. And this is what I said (in all of my glory):

"Wow, you're trying really hard for the sale."

Sometimes, I have no game at all.

And when he calls on Tuesday, I'm resolved to let him know that non-scooter related phone calls would be okay as well.

5 comments:

Momo said...

No matter how hard a try (and usually the harder I try) things just always come out wrong for me so I understand!

... said...

Damn...now I want a Vespa.

dont eat the token said...

You got the flirt on. Woot woot.

I totally want one too. I got my permit and drove my mom's a little -but then she got a bigger one that looks scary to me. I haven't driven that one yet.

aprilbapryll said...

My mom has one, and she crashed it a couple times when she first started. Now she loves it. She refuses to wear a helmet during the day (I make her for night driving) but don't forget your glasses -- it is manditory to wear protective eye gear!

citizen student said...

now you will understand the sheer and utter joy i experience of exhaust dirt on your face, bugs in your lip gloss and the realization that the only thing between you and certain death is absolutely nothing :)

have fun! vespas are so european

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com