Tuesday, April 10, 2007

If wishes were horses, I'd be riding them in golden fleece

I was late to work this morning because I spent the first 10 minutes in bed, trying to figure out how I could wear my pink fleece pants with yellow rubber duckies to work today. I actually tried to think of a medical condition that required both an elastic waistband and the warmth and softness of synthetic sheep.

I still maintain that if you could actually own up to explosive diarrhea--actually say the words--work will let you get away with anything. But I'm waiting until a sunny day and an afternoon Braves game before the old "I ate Indian for lunch" flares up.

No, I needed my pink fleece pants stamped with yellow rubber duckies because it is cold outside. It's mid-April in Atlanta and yesterday when I walked out with the boys for lunch, I stepped outside into snow flurries. In mid-April. In Atlanta.

And right on schedule, my father has the pool people coming out this week to open the pool for the summer.

**No fleece pants were worn during the writing of this blog post. Although there may have been a pause to reminisce about when the pants were still on this morning. I miss the duckies.**

8 comments:

citizen student said...

the one good thing about being in school is there are more days when i can get up and not have to worry about what i'm going to wear than when i do.

and believe you me... i'm in some comfortable stuff...

Will said...

I think I may have been the only person in the metro ATL area yesterday that didn't see snow...

I saw cold, wind-assited, nasty rain though.

If casual Fridays were really serious, PJs would be allowed (though I can already see potential sexual harassment issues given that several "pajama parties" I've been to in Athens taught me "PJs" can me a lot of things: including fishnets and teddy ensembles.)

Robin said...

I would live in my PJs if I could.

aprilbapryll said...

I used to wear my pjs everywhere (except bed, actually) but now I actually get dressed to leave my house.


I miss college.

dont eat the token said...

It's snowing today also, but in MN it's almost expected. I saw that ATL was getting the flurries on the news and I thought of you, and wondered how you felt about it.

Thrilled?

Go make rubber-ducky-angels in the snow.

The RHS said...

how about a long skirt over the top of 'em?

I've seen hippies where worse than that so that'd have to get a pass, no?

Plus, you're clean and from the pictures of people being close to you, you don't smell bad. you probably smell pretty nice. Unlike dirty ass hippies. Which smell horrible.

... said...

sorry about the duckies.

Oh, and dude! Your weather whore must be freezing! :-)

Jamie said...

Me- I don't think I wore pants that zipped or buttoned my entire senior year...

Will- Oh so you saw the pics of our party! ;)

Robin- That sounds soooo nice.

The Frog Princess- It's gotten to the point that I won't leave the house in them, even to go grocery shopping. When did we grow up? *Sigh*

Don't Eat Token- It was the only time I saw snow this winter! I was happy to see it.

The RHS- Patchouli. I won't go near the stuff. Hippies have also ruined incense for me.

Two Drink Girl- I know! What a whore!

Cubicle Neighbor- I wish!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com