Friday, March 02, 2007

I believe

I believe in skinny dipping. I believe in listening to sad music to heal a broken heart. I believe in 3 AM trips to Waffle House. I believe my true friends will go to karaoke with me. I believe in admitting when I'm wrong. I believe in the caress of a thumb. I believe it's okay to watch 4 hours of MTV on a Sunday afternoon. I believe in always looking for the good in someone. I believe in theme parties. I believe in rekindling lost friendships. I believe in holding hands. I believe in having iced tea for breakfast. I believe in secrets. I believe in having more than one great love. I believe in singing along with the radio, even if it's a really bad song. I believe in using chopsticks when appropriate. I believe anything is worth trying once. I believe in writing. I believe in always having your shirt on in your profile picture. I believe in curling up under an afghan, even in the summertime. I believe freckles are beautiful. I believe in falling in love with laughter. I believe in casual Fridays with lunchtime margaritas. I believe it's okay to say no, but it's even better to say yes. I believe in high heels and that special pair of blue jeans. I believe in forehead kisses. I believe in gently teasing. I believe in sleeping with my dog nearby. I believe in driving home when the sun rises. I believe we can grow up and not become our parents. I believe in indulging in instant gratification if you are okay with the consequences. I believe in creativity. I believe in having cheap beer and expensive martinis. I believe in trying harder. I believe in respect. I believe in mixed CDs. I believe in having a broken heart, if only once, just to see the world differently. I believe you're never too old to go home, wherever that may be. I believe in me. I believe.

10 comments:

The RHS said...

I believe I'll have another drink.

very nice.

J MacKenzie said...

That was great chicca

Malnurtured Snay said...

I believe I'll rule the world.

Also, what rhs said.

Robin said...

I believe the children are our future.

The future looks pretty scary.

dont eat the token said...

Cheers Red!

Great thoughts and LOL on the shirt-wearing-profile-musts!

Ryon said...

What, my comment suck or something? Okay.

Jamie said...

RHA- I believe I'll join you. :)

Jessica- Thanks!

Manlurtured Snay- Thanks!

Robin- I agree.

Don't Eat Token- Seriously, do you really want to be that guy?

VegasGustan- I never saw it!

dont eat the token said...

My dad is always sans shirt at his home - outside working on the land, etc.

He had a party in which all his work buddies were over. ONE guy took his shirt off and ran around like it was acceptable. I'm sorry, my dad is basically your boss and you're meeting his family for the first time and you're taking your shirt off. *shiver*

Anonymous said...

:-D

So... karaoke, huh? :-D

And if I didn't believe it was possible to grow up and not become my parents, I'd have given up long ago.

Anonymous said...

that's awesome. I loved it!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com