Monday, March 26, 2007

Bored? or Avoiding Writing?

If I were to take Atlanta mass transportation to work, I would have to drive my truck to the train station three miles away. From there I would take the train into Buckhead and then catch the bus which would drop me off a couple of blocks from my building. Because three forms of transportation are completely ridiculous for all of my six mile commute, I drive my SUV.

With that said, I don't mind driving to work. I play different games in certain parts of town. In Downtown I play "Homeless? or In a Band?" In Midtown I play "Crazy? or Listening to an iPod?" Lately I've been taking pictures of funny things I see.

The first time Louisa took me to eat Ethiopian food, I'm pretty sure I said something to the extent of, "I'm not sure if I'm hungry for sticks and dirt." So it turns out there is such a thing as food in Ethiopia, and to my knowledge it doesn't involve sticks or dirt. Nor sand.

But I still laughed my ass off when I saw this mascot to an Ethiopian restaurant:

(Click for big on any photo)

That's right folks, there's a skeleton on that roof. The mascot to an Ethiopian restaurant is a skeleton. The humor isn't lost on me.

The Friday I drove out of town for St. Patrick's Day, there was an inordinate amount of traffic. No wonder:


Red or green? RED OR GREEN?! Making my left-hand turn was a little hairy and I'm glad I had the picture for insurance reasons if nothing else.

Then Saturday The Boy and I were on our way to IKEA when I laughed my ass off seeing this billboard:


I bet you $100 that the billboard was drafted by a crusty old white guy. Because no one in his right mind would put "Sistahs getting real" like that in downtown Atlanta. No one.

Secondly, everyone knows it's "sista," not "sistah." Puh-lease.

6 comments:

citizen student said...

billboard picture?

The RHS said...

QUARTER POUNDER WITH CHEESE =P

So, was the Ethiopian food any good?

Your comment on the "sistahs" reminds me of some ad I've been seeing for a birth control test which actually uses the phrase "you've ever peed on!"

It's moments like those that make me wonder why I didn't get my fucking portfolio put together.

Anonymous said...

That was TOO funny! So who is the boy? You are keeping us all in suspense...

dont eat the token said...

Uh, I'm pretty white. I spelled sistah to my gal-pals recently.

We have a bank out here depicting a teenager on the phone, yelling in surprise, "Even my boyfriend can join? No Way?" "Way."

aprilbapryll said...

There's a few like that in Memphis, and it's a white guy for a auto mart and they say all sorts of "Ebonic" sayings -- it's really sad! What's even sadder (more sad?) is that I neglected to take pictures!

... said...

hooray, Ikea!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com