Thursday, February 15, 2007

Talk about arrested development

I was listening to my favorite Internet radio station today when this song came on:


I haven't heard this song since 1994, and, as usual, my freakish memory of song lyrics kicked in and I discovered I still knew every word as I tried not to sing along at work.

I could be so much smarter if I didn't have songs like Mr. Wendal tucked in the folds of my brain. I would be so smart. Like cure-for-cancer smart.

Mr. Wendal is killing the cure for cancer.

5 comments:

cantellya said...

DId you have it stuck in your head for the rest of the day? :)

Ryon said...

I feel the exact same way. I just played a Smiths song and I could sing along too. It was scary, so I decided to try to sing along to every song after that. Being in radio, I feel all but about 5% of my brain is dedicated to song lyrics. I think I could create world peace if I had that brain power back. Either that or cure herpes, it is not as bad as cancer but damn I hate those Valtrex commercials. Yeah, for Brit finally losing it and shaving her head! Woo Hoo.

Dan said...

I think we're all idiot savants when it comes to song lyrics. I can sing the lyrics to nearly every Beatles song, for instance, and I haven't heard many of them for at least a decade.

Will said...

It could be worse (could've been "Everyday People") or slightly better ("Tennessee" despite related connotations to orange-clad, tootless mongoloidial Vols fans was a decent jam).

Anonymous said...

Song lyrics are *gasp* set to music. The brain remembers things set to music better than anything else. By logical extension, if you could record cancer research to music...

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com