Thursday, December 07, 2006

That Fateful Night

With the exception of 2 - 3:30 AM Sunday morning, the Christmas party went very well. Deciding to not bring a date was one of the best decisions I made all year, and I have made a lot of good decisions this year.
Boss: Jamie, I can't believe you are wearing four-inch heels and you are able to squat in the corner with a drink and one hand and still take a photo with the other.
Jamie: Yeah, it was a skill I picked up in college. When I put "multi-tasks" on my resume, this is what I actually meant.
Boss: (Had enough to drink to find that hilarious instead of concerning.)
Oh, and I looked pretty good:


Afterwards we went to East Andrews and continued our fun fest despite the $10 cover and the sudden decrease in their number of heat lamps.

And now for
What I learned between 2 and 3:30 AM Sunday morning:

  • Don't let drunk friends wander off. Especially if it's in pursuit of the boy who has also wandered off.
  • Don't get the car out of valet thinking that said drunk friend will realize the bar is closed and will go to the car.
  • Always make sure your friends keep their phones on when going out.
  • Repeatedly calling said friend will drain the hell out of your battery.
  • Sitting in the car for a half hour at 3 AM really sucks.
  • Always make sure your door is locked. Otherwise Really Drunk Guy will get in your car and will proceed to give you directions to his house.
  • Telling him you aren't a cab will not get him to leave your car.
  • Telling him you aren't taking him anywhere will also not get him to leave your car.
  • Asking him politely to get out of your car will not get him to leave your car.
  • A squad car behind you will not get him to leave your car.
  • The squad car turning its lights and horn on will not get him to leave your car.
  • Screaming "GET THE EFF OUT OF MY EFFING CAR OR I WILL EFFING MACE YOU!" and holding up the can of mace that you hid in your driver-side door will get him to leave your car. (Thanks to the boy who advised me a couple of months ago to take it out of my glove box and tuck it there, BTW)
  • The receptionist at the Embassy Suites did not see your friend walk in with "4 to 6 boys, one possibly wearing a hat" at 3:15 AM.
  • Sitting in the Embassy Suites at 3:15 AM in the hopes that said drunk friend will walk in with the boys she met at East Andrews who are staying there really blows.
  • God bless Cubicle Neighbor who drove across town from where she was partying and found said drunk friend in a parking lot.
Huh, guess that story isn't boring after all.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome.

You owe my fiancee a buzz. :-P

Jamie said...

And a twenty apparently.

If that funny yet? Or too soon? :P

Momo said...

I'm glad you're safe! Whew!

And I'm glad you were assertive enough to friggin' mace that guy if he didn't get out of the car.

Glad you told us the story! It was a good one!

aprilbapryll said...

That's all well and good, but what inquiring minds really want to know is, did you make out with any strangers? Or Office Boyfriend/Husband?

:)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun night (most of it)!

Jamie said...

Momo- I forgot I had it for a bit!

Frog Princess- Not only did I score a pic of me licking the Office Boyfriend/Husband, but my New Year's Eve goal was met! hehe

Robin- the part before 2 am was great!

Anonymous said...

Told You!

Anonymous said...

I think you looked better than pretty good; and your right that story was awsome:)

Jamie said...

TDG- Told me what?

ChaosProject- Thanks!

dont eat the token said...

OMG only you! I can't believe you had some drunk asshole you didn't know sitting in your car and you had to call the cops. Very unnerving.

BTW - I've been meaning to find out - can mace freeze? I am a new owner of one and am afraid of keeping it in my car in subzero conditions. I'm also afraid of keeping it in my purse b/c I know I'll set it off.

dont eat the token said...

Oh, and you do look really hot!

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful in this photo, Hon!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com