Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The Girlie Tree (Not to be confused with The Giving Tree)

After swearing up and down for 15 minutes and dragging the last third of my Christmas tree from the Box That Is Too Big And Awkward to Carry By Myself And Ergo Will Remain In the Back of My SUV Until New Years When I Haul It Back To My Parents' House (from now on shall be known as BTITBAATCBMAEWRITBOMSUNYWIHIBTMPH), I realized that this is my first year that I have my own Christmas tree. Every other year I have lived with a man. This year, I don't have to share it with anybody.

In celebration of not having to share my tree (I've never excelled at sharing, but I have never really embraced my selfishness like I have this past year), I have decided to buy all new ornaments and give myself a Girlie Tree:

(as always, click for big)

The Girlie Tree is only decorated in red, pink, and silver.

Huzzah for pink glitter balls!

The bad news about not sharing a tree: there is no one to put the tree up for you. And like I warned Annex, if your boob starts to itch really badly, check your bra for fake pine needles. That was an experience.

But it was not as bad as trying to wrestle BTITBAATCBMAEWRITBOMSUNYWIHIBTMPH back into the SUV after pulling it halfway out and realizing that that bitch isn't going anywhere.

8 comments:

Momo said...

Wow. Sounds like quite a harrowing experience.

Seriously. If I had to put a full size tree up myself - it just wouldn't get done.

But I bet you feel soooo proud!

And it's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

yay for girlie trees! Men should give up the idea that christmas trees should be anything else but girlie! FYI I love the decorations, very cute.

aprilbapryll said...

Your tree is now the wallpaper on my work computer :)

Jamie said...

Momo- It was tiring and, seriously, those pine needles are very uncomfortable.

Angel Girl- You're back!!!!! Huzzah! I don't think I could subject a man to pink glitter balls :)

Frog Princess- Yea!!! How fun!

citizen student said...

yay christmas tree!!!

so this will be my frist xmas tree in my own apartment ever and i'm stoked..

and my parents who are flying all the way from the island to spend the holiday season in snow with me are expecting a real tree so we have to go GET a real tree...




Where do you find a real tree in a city?!

but yay! tree! i wanna do it white and blue with little lights and stuff...

Jamie said...

Me- There should be some Christmas tree lots around. However, they are more prominent outside the city (and probably cheaper too).

Unknown said...

You lucky son-of-a-

My tree has Star Wars ornaments on it for Christmas sake!

I miss my old color-coordinated tree :(

Sigh.

Jamie said...

And that's why I don't share.

Star Wars. Puh.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com