Monday, December 11, 2006

Pink Floyd on the pink iPod was going to be so cool. So cool.

I had planned out my Christmas bonus for the maximum amount of fun: paying off the credit card (debt-free is fun!), cash to play around with, and the pink iPod. Laugh all you want, but I visit that iPod every day on apple.com. I've been working on my free engraving they were offering for the holidays (current inscription ideas: Frolics in '06, No more dicks: 2006, E'er more antics: 2006).

I received my check on Friday and I purposely left it at work over the weekend so I could think about my decision. Well, that and my Wachovia is on Boulevard and that place kinda scares the hell out of me, so I prefer to do my banking in Buckhead.

Today was iPod Day. I went down to the bank and cashed my check. I set aside enough to pay off my credit card (debt barren in 2007), put some play money (Monopoly money?) in the checking account... and added the rest to my money market account.

Um, when did I become a grown-up exactly?

Damn, I really wanted that pink iPod.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, look at it this way. If you keep it in your money market account long enough you may be able to buy an iPod on the interest alone!

Anonymous said...

Hey, it was only 4 Gigs anyway...you want way more than that, right???

Unknown said...

La-ame

So disappointed in your maturity ;)

Karen said...

Growing up is optional...the rent-payer in me agrees with Dan but, pink is way cute! Maybe you could ask Santa real nice ;)

citizen student said...

no pink ipod?

no?

weep...

adulthood blows

dont eat the token said...

Hey, I saw a Wachovia bank while I wandered the streets of DT Atlanta last year!

I live by the creed: I don't really need this. Keep walking.

Jamie said...

Dan- That will only take 3-5 years, right? :)

TDG- I was happy with the 4G. I don't need more than 1000 songs at a time anyway.

Mesabi- I'm disappointed too :(

Karen- I'll need about 10 Santas lol!

me- I'm not growing up... Nope, not going to do it...

DET- So you're proud of me then! :)

dont eat the token said...

very proud

:)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com