Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Traveling

"Hi Daddy."

"Hi Honey Bun. What's up?"

"Nothing. I just have a question to ask you. I'm not even really comfortable asking this of you."

(Pause.) "You want me to watch Nikita while you go with your mom for Thanksgiving."

"Yeah, and I'm sorry. I hate asking you to watch my dog while I not spend Thanksgiving with you."

"Look, don't worry about it; it's no problem. Bring her on over. (Pause.) We sure are going to miss you this year, Honey Bun."

"Me too, Daddy."

"How about we drive into the city next week and take you out to dinner to make up for it?"

"I'd like that."

I closed the phone and focused on the road again. Life just isn't fair. I turned the volume up with my rebellious rock and concentrated on the horizon. My destination will soon come into view.

2 comments:

dont eat the token said...

awwww

any dad calling his daughter honey bun is an automatic heart warmer

Jamie said...

yeah :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com